NAELCOM has produced a new GPS receiver board, the “NLC-SKII”, which is based on the Copernicus™ high performance GPS chip set.
This OEM module is designed for use in embedded and industrial applications requiring high accuracy positioning and timing information. It can also be used as a replacement and upgrade for users of the Trimble Lassen™ SKII receiver module. The NLC-SKII module is RoHS (lead free) compliant.
- Ultra-high sensitivity of -152dBm (-182dBw), enabling high performance acquisition and tracking in urban canyon and signal obscured environments.
- Cold Start Time to First Fix (TTFF) is quicker than 39s.
- Low power consumption: 45mA @ 5V, with Power-Good LED.
- The 2 ports that can be configured to suit the customer’s requirements such as: input and output protocols and transmission speed.
- Configuration parameters backed-up to an EEPROM.
- Pin to pin compatible with Trimble Lassen™ SKII GPS receiver; same form factor, for ease of integration.
- Communication port outlet in 3V or 5V TTL level, depending on the version.
- Protection against open and/or short circuit on the antenna (60mA), and alarms reported through serial port.
- Accurate pps (pulse per second signal), better than 100ns.
- Optional: Antenna voltage selectable by internal switch: 3V or 5V.
- Optional: Back-up capacitor with an autonomy of 40 hours for hot start-up after a power cut.
EMC compability The NLC-SKII module has successfully completed compliance testing in accordance with the directive.
Factory setting of the two ports
The two communication ports are set as standard as follows