SERCOVAM carries out a lot of chemical analysis to control raw materials used in packagings:
- Analysis and identification of raw materials by FTIR coupled with thickness measurements by gravimetry
- Thermal analysis on material or sealing layer according to ISO 11357-2: Plastics – Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) – Part 2: Determination of glass transition temperature and ISO 11357-3: Plastics - Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) – Part 3: Determination of temperature and enthalpy of melting and cristallization,
- Melt Flow Index according to ISO 1133 : Plastics - Determination of the melt mass-flow and the melt volume-flow rate of thermoplastics,
- Ash according to ISO 3451-1: Plastics - Determination of ash.
- Vicat point according to NENISO306: Plastics – Thermoplastic materials – Determination of VICAT softening temperature (VST)
- Density according to NFENISO1183-1: Plastics. METHODS FOR DETERMINING THE DENSITY OF NON-CELLULAR PLASTICS