The TANTOS is a high performance, highly integrated (Controller, PHY and Memory) seven-port Ethernet switch controller with five ports supporting 10/100 Mb/s TX/FX Full/Half duplex and two/three supporting 10/100/1000 MAC Full/Half duplex operations.
Advanced features such as 802.1p(Q.O.S.), 802.1q(VLAN), Layer4 Q.O.S, Security, Bandwidth Control/Guarantee, Port Mirroring, IGMP and Management functions make the TANTOS one of the most innovative and economically low-port switches available for Multimedia applications.
The TANTOS also supports priority features such as Port-Base, VLAN, UDP/TCP destination Port numbering, Ranged UDP/TCP Port and IP TOS field checking. Users can easily set different priority modes in the individual ports through a small low-cost micro controller for initializing or an on-the-fly configuration. Each output port supports four queues by programmable rate fairness queuing, strict and assigned bandwidth to fit the bandwidth demand of various types of packets such as Voice, Video and Data. 802.1Q, Tag/Untag and up to 16 groups of VLAN are also supported.
An intelligent address recognition algorithm makes the TANTOS capable of recognizing up to 2K different MAC addresses and enables filtering and forwarding at full wire speed.
The TANTOS offers smooth migration aswell as new design flexibility for Infineon’s system vendors. Infineon’s software support enables quick implementation and customization of additional functions while significantly reducing design cycles and slashing time to market.
* Five 10M/100M auto-detect Half/Full duplex switch ports with TX/FX interfaces and three RGMII/GMII/TMII/MII MAC ports, a total of seven ports. One TP port is shared with the 1000/100/10 MAC
* 2K MAC address tables with a 4-way associative hash algorithm
* Four queues for QoS Priority features by Port-Based, TCP/UDP Destination Port Application-Based, Diffserv, 802.1p, IP TOS of packets and ranged TCP/UDP ports
* Four queue mechanism includes Weight Round Robin, Strict and assigned Bandwidth
* Supports packet lengths up to 1518/1522 (Default)/1536/1784 byte maximum
* 802.1Q VLAN and up to 16 VLAN groups are implemented by a full 12 bit VID matching MAC clone function to enable the multiple WAN applications
* PPPoE Video Packet Processing
* Supports management RMON counter IGMP V1/V2/V3. 32 hardware IGMP Table (Multicast Table). Includes the Join and Leave Hardware
* MAC Address Table is accessible
* Supports 802.1x security functions
* Supports quick Spanning Tree Protocol and Port Mirroring
* Supports special tags for easy packet control
* 0.13um, 100pins/225pins, 1.5V/1.8V/3.3V power source