ADM5120/X is a high performance, highly integrated, and highly flexible SOC (System-On-Chip) that facilitates the combined functions of a SOHO/SME Gateway, NAT Router, Print Server, WLAN Access Point and VPN Gateway. ADM5120/X enables the sharing of IP-based broadband services throughout the home/office using wired/wireless computers, entertainment equipment, printers, and other intelligent devices.
The ADM5120X is the environmentally friendly 'green' package version.This is in compliance with Directive
2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 2003 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Internally, the ADM5120/X ASIC consists of a high performance (227 MIPS) embedded MIPS CPU, an embedded switch engine, 10/100M PHY, an embedded PCI bridge, an embedded USB host, and interfaces for UART, SDRAM and Flash. The following diagram illustrates a system configuration that uses the supported functions/facilities of ADM5120/X.
* 175 MHz/227 MIPS 4Kc CPU with an embedded cache, 8K-byte I-cache and 8K D-cache
* An embedded memory management unit (MMU) 32-entry TLB (Translation Lookaside Buffer), with 16 organized entry pairs
* IEEE 802.3 Fast Ethernet 5 auto-MDIX (auto-crossover) twisted paired LAN interfaces with embedded 10/100M PHY and 1 GMII/MII* interface
* Flexible WAN port selection and embedded switch engine and Data-buffer/Address-look-up table
* Look-up table read/write-able
* MAC layer security and clone solution
* Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) multicasting
* MAC filtering, Bandwidth control and a Class of Services (CoS) with two priority levels
* Shared dynamic data buffer management with embedded SSRAM
* Port grouping VLAN (overlap-able)