Automatic Process Polarimeter: Propol
The Propol process polarimeter is used as a polarimetric online or inline sensor for concentration measurement in the production of chiral compounds. Its measuring method compensates the Optical Rotation by means of the Faraday effect. This means it has no moving parts and is therefore maintenance-free. Typical applications are the synthesis or extraction of biochemicals, separation of racemates, liquid sugar poduction and waste water control in sugar refineries.
• Measuring unit and control unit connected by a cable of 100 m length
• Robust cast aluminum housing for harsh environments
• Waterproof, protection class IP 65
• Can be modified for explosion proof-status (optional)
• No mechanically moved parts and therefore maintenance-free
• LED light source with an average life of 100 000 h
Adaptable and secure
• Measuring ranges for Optical Rotation, %Sucrose, %Glucose.
• Three user-configurable concentration ranges.
• Facility for automatic temperature compensation.
• Comparator functions with two programmable setpoints.
• Ready for every task with 20 mA analog output and RS-232 interface.
• Synthesis and extraction of chiral biochemicals such as antibiotics, amino acids, hormones, vitamins, flavors and fragrances.
• Separation of racemates, molasses separation, liquid sugar production.
• Waste water control in sugar refineries.
Product characteristics :
Measuring unit : Dimensions: 550 mm x 130 mm x 190 mm (L x W x H) ; Protection class: IP 65 ; Weight: 16 kg
Control unit (19“ wall cabinet) : Dimensions: 600 mm x 490 mm x 215 mm (L x W x H); Protection class: IP 55 ; Weight: 23 kg
Interconnecting cable : Lengths to be specified: 2.5 to 100 m
Optical wavelength : Standard: 589 nm, optional 546 nm
Light source : LED, average life time 100 000 h
Sensitivity : OD 3.0 (Optical Density)
Integration time and measuring rate : 20 s-1
Mains supply : Self-adapting to any mains from 100 – 240 VAC +10 % / -15 %, 47 – 63 Hz