Today's extrusion companies are forced to produce a higher mix of complex profiles, in shorter product development cycles, while simultaenously reduce their production costs. Altair® HyperXtrude® is a simulation tool developed to analyze and validate the design of extrusion dies and process.
As the pioneering technology in this field, HyperXtrude accurately simulates the material flow and heat transfer during extrusion processes thereby allowing the user to significantly reduce die design time and costly die tryouts. HyperXtrude includes:
• Extrusion specific Graphical User Interface guides user to prepare model setup analysis.
• Ability to analyze extrusion of metals, polymers, pastes, and ceramics.
• Built-in tool deflection analysis module allows the designers to compute die deflection and resulting stresses in the tool.
• Capable of modeling co-extrusion of two or more materials.
• Intergrated with Altair® HyperStudy® for optimization of die bearing, porthole, and pocket shapes.
Innovative technology to virtually develop and validate extrusion dies and processes to maximize product quality and plant efficiency